Life is taking unexpected turns for me at the moment, I have closed one business after a lot of soul searching it just didn’t feel like the right direction for me and the hubby, I have a bundle of dreams for another business which is in the pipeline and for the first time in my life I have health issues that I can’t take a couple of aspirin to cure.
I have always been a glass half full kind of girl and I have really had time to reflect and think about my life now and the life I want to live.
Until this point I have always been in a race with life sprinting to the next milestone without really thinking, passing exams, going to university, getting married, climbing the corporate ladder and the silliest thing of all I thought I had failed if my annual salary didn’t exceed my age!!
I have never created a life list, I have always just ploughed and barged through life, and hell bent of becoming what I thought was a success. As I write this list I have no dates of when they need to be accomplished (although maybe I should) I just know that these are things that I want to do in life at some point…
- Tour the East Coast of America from New York to Maine
- Visit family in Australia for three months
- Return to Tintagel, Cornwall for a holiday
- Visit every National Trust property in the UK
- Reach my goal weight ( I have lost 18 lbs so far and dropped two dress sizes since March)
- Increase my weekly exercise
- Climb Ben Nevis
- Reduce my hording tendency – Organise every room, cupboard and draw in my home.
- Redecorate each room and finish them to a standard I would be happy to share on this blog
- Complete my creative writing course
- Write and publish a novel
- Blog consistently
- Make a quilt
- Sew an outfit I can wear in public
- Become independent in using Adobe Creative suite (and not constantly saving the hard bits for hubby to do.)
- Have a homemade Christmas (gifts, cards, wrap, food the lot )
- Create and edit a magazine (an e-magazine or printed I am not sure yet)
- Learn how to operate a letterpress machine
- Design fabric
- Learn how to screen print
- Raise 10k for a local charity
- Design a range of stationery
- Start Horse riding regularly again.
I think that is enough to go on with for now, although I could have gone on for ever once I started, but I think this can be a bit of a liquid list , but I have committed it to the world wide web now and I will share with you as I tick them off my list. I feel quite excited now about getting started, I wish I had done this year ago
Till next time